Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Few More Year in Review

Matt's Aspinwall Pullover will be done today. I have maybe a little over an inch to go on the collar, then just the zipper and a few finishing touches (not much... as most of the ends are woven in). Meanwhile... I'm doing 3 projects today.

Sensational Flower Basket Shawl


Quick summery: a beautiful lace pattern in a luxery yarn

Initial impression: very happy, but needed more yarn.

Current impression: just like the other shawls in my closet... never worn. I'm a cardigan girl (I feel "over accessorized" when I wear a shawl). I like cardigans.

Final thoughts: I loved knitting this, and the heavy yarn made for a quick project. I do think that if I find the right winter coat (and I'm looking for one), this will be wonderful with it.

My So Called Scarf


Quick summery: found this lovely yarn at a LYS, perfect breakfast knitting project

Initial thoughts: loved loved loved knitting this... maybe too much so (the scarf is Dr. Who long). The colors and the pattern were wonderful to knit.

Current thoughts: it's a little too long, but it's so snuggly and warm. Haven't actually worn it, but it's a great winter scarf.

Final thoughts: just like the Flower Basket Shawl... needs the right coat.

Summer Sambuca (I want to get a sweater in today).


Quick summery: a top down crochet jacket modified for a lighter weight yarn and with short sleeves

Initial thoughts: instant gratification, perfect light summer cardigan (tho' I still need some work on my crochet skills)

Current thoughts: still love it. It's the perfect little lacey cardigan for summer.

Final thoughts: Really enjoyed making it, think the summer/lighter weight worked out well... so well that I probably will try the wool/long sleeve version again.

2 comments:

  1. That Sambuca cardi is so fancy! Very pretty, and I love the color. I'm busy making doll clothes again, and using the patterns I borrowed from you 1000 years ago. I am taking good care of them! ...and someday I'll give them back ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Sambuca cardi is so fancy! Very pretty, and I love the color. I'm busy making doll clothes again, and using the patterns I borrowed from you 1000 years ago. I am taking good care of them! ...and someday I'll give them back ; )

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.