Monday, December 07, 2009

Year in Review continued

While I'll probably be interupting my YIR blogs with a new FO (I hope to have Matt's Aspinwall Pullover done today or tomorrow... zipper depending), let's look at two more projects I did this year.

Theresa's Central Park Hoodie


I can't do my usual summery on this, as it's with Theresa now. (and I never did get a great photo of it). I do know that I was pretty happy with it when it was done. The pattern was quick and easy and I do love the Kathmandu Aran. I know Theresa wears it, so we can assume that this was a successful project.

Summer Braids


Quick summery: second time I've used this pattern. Used Cabin Fever's "house yarn" (aka: Kraemer's Tatamy Tweed DK).

Initial Impressions: I wasn't thrilled when I finished this. I thought the yarn pilled a great deal when washed. My buttonbands are wavy (a pet peeve) and the sleeves are wider than I like (and maybe a smidge too short).

Current Impressions: I've worn this a couple of times, but I do want to fix the little issues that bother me. The buttonbands for sure and I would like to rip the sleeves back to make them more narrow. I'll do this for my Winter Olympics "Fix-It" marathon.

Final Thoughts: It still has the potential of being a favorite... just needs a little tweeking.

Okay, back to try to finish project #23 for the year. I'm hoping to get to the collar today (and that the zipper arrives).

1 comment:

  1. very pretty CPH! I never was happy with mine and am in the progress of salvaging the yarn. The second sweater is lovely - I think you are being too hard on it! But I know all too well your feeling and when I feel that way about a knit item it goes unworn and unloved.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.