Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mid-December

I'm not very focused on knitting right now (Mass Effect is a good RPG), but I'm hoping to get my Dymphna Pullover done before the end of the year. Top down construction is great... but I'm dealing with that whole second sleeve thing. There's still a lot of knitting left on this one, but the pattern is easy to work, so it's just a matter of actually knitting (instead of playing a video game for 10 hours). Meanwhile, I have two more year in review projects:

Textured Shawl


Quick summery: a stash busting quick and easy project

Initial impression: loved knitting this, loved the "pattern". Quick and easy.

Current impression: falls into typical shawl catagory: wish it was bigger (ran out of yarn), rarely wear it, have it hanging on display in the "yarn room" and love it.

Overall impression: I loved knitting this and I love how I have it displayed in my yarn room. It has actually been tossed over my shoulders on chilly mornings. A good, fun project.

Cotton Sampler Pullover


Quick summery: an other sampler project (I loooove stitch sampler projects) in a lovely natural cotton for Matt.

Initial impression: the pattern annoyed me and I was mildly disappointed with this project

Current impression: Matt looks so fabulous in the sweater. The yarn has relaxed as he's worn it and my annoyance with the pattern faded to the point that I love it now.

Final thoughts: this project is the reason I like doing year in review of my projects. The distance to the frustration on blocking this (it did break my wooly board) and the lazy pattern directions has allowed me to only see the finished project... which is now one of my favorite sweaters on Matt.

So it's always nice to go back to projects and re-evaluate them... sometimes what I loved when I finished a project doesn't work in the "real world" (ie: never wear it) and sometimes the frustration on a project effects how I feel about it when it's completed and that carries over to initial response. Distance from the frustration allows me to evaluate the project for how it's worn rather than how it was knit.

Okay... 2-1/2 weeks left in 2009... must. finish. project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.