Monday, December 22, 2008

CSS 2.20

I'm styling with some cascade 220 right now. Not including Cassidy (still in a time out), I've started a few things:

Dymphna Mock Pullover
click to enlarge

This is a modified version of the Dymphna V-Neck Pullover from Cable Confidence. I liked the simple box stitch center with the cabled sides. However, wanted a little less "oversized" styling and didn't want a V neck. So top down, with the addition of the cabled panel on the sleeve and saddle. The color is so incredibly wrong in the photo, I feel bad even posting it. I sure do love knitting with Cascade 220, and this color is called "blue velvet"... and the richness must be seen in person to really be appreciated.

I also started a classic Ribby Pullover in Cascade 220 (ahhhh, Webs, thanks for the free shipping deal!!!):

Penny Ribby Pulli
click to enlarge

This is inspired by a half zip pullover I saw in a JC Penny's flyer. Loved the color combo, so I ordered the yarn, and cast it on! I thought I had ordered a black for the body, but the color (called "jet") is more of a really dark charcoal gray heather. Even better! The yoke is white and violet. Just one more inch on the body then I'll start the sleeves.

One other project (and NOT in Cascade 220, but equally lovely yarn) is the Gaelic Morning Mist:

Gaelic Morning Mist
click to enlarge

The back section is just about at the shoulder shaping, then just the fronts (and the sleeves!). Can't say enough about this yarn. I simply adore the color of this yarn and the fabric is so soft and "hazy"... just what I wanted for this cardigan.

So those are mainly what I've been working on. Trying very very hard to not just continually cast on new projects! However, all three of these projects not only have been fun to work on, they'll be practical sweaters when completed! It's too cold to do anything but knit anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.