Friday, December 18, 2009

I guess I should keep going

I'm getting slammed with spam right now (which I don't get. I moderate comments and make it clear that annonymous comments will be rejected* -I don't even read them. So what's the advantage?). It's always a little discouraging to see nothing but spam for comments. Anyway, I want to finish the Year in Review for my own records, so here's two more projects.

My Granny is Scrappy


Quick summery: a completely addictive project using a dk weight baby yarn for a summery afghan

Initial impression: addictive and loved it!

Current impression: the yarn is a bit slippery, so the ends want to pop here and there, but it's getting a lot of use.

Final thoughts: This project sucked a lot of time, but it was totally worth it. I loved making the granny squares and the afghan is soft and light. One of my favorite projects of the year.

Mondo Cable Cardi


Quick summery: a quick fun to knit project (cast on as soon as the pattern was available).

Initial impression: Was happy with it. The pattern was fun to knit and I loved the drape of the yarn.

Current impression: Never worn it. It has some sizing issues (or rather I have some sizing issues). I made too small of a size and it doesn't hang on me properly. The collar is too high and flops down. I thought I could just wear the collar laying flat (as I photographed it), but it's not designed to lay that way, so it doesn't stay down. I think most of what is keeping me from wearing it is fixable (and will require more time with the treadmill).

Final thoughts: This still has the potential of being wearable... but I'm also probably going to make an other (I love the pattern).

So I haven't been knitting as much as I would like, so my final project of the year is not going quickly, but I'm still on my schedule to get it done by the my self imposed deadline (should finish the second sleeve today, then it's just the lower body to work).

*I do accept annonymous comments if they are "signed"... I know not everyone has a blogger account, but I just need some kind of signature so I know that they are "real" comments.

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, If I would comment more often maybe the spammers would ignore you! I love your year-end roundup of projects. Your sweaters always give me ideas. I know I bought the Sam and Sue patterns after seeing Sam on your blog (many years ago). I still haven't made them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have knit more this year alone, than I have knit in my life! And every one is a beauty. I still hope to talk you into exhibiting your work here at the Barcode Building. How about 2009 year in review exhibit in March/April?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your year in review! I'll try to comment more rather than just lurk...Bee Balm, Cassidy and the Penny Ribby are my faves so far.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.