Monday, July 20, 2009

27%


The granny squares are still sorta fun. I think the constant color combos is what's keeping me interested right now... but I haven't hit 100 squares yet.

I definitely don't have enough white. I ordered 3 skeins, but I'll definitely need 4... for nothing more than seaming and a border. Part of the reason is that there's a huge descrepancy between what the label says and what the product listing online is (label says 395 yds, while the online store's product listing says 468 yds). I'm willing to guess that when Knitting Warehouse first added this yarn to their store, that was the accurate yardage. I'm guessing that Bernat has shorted the yardage over the last few years to keep the price the same? Don't know... I just know I need an other skein of white.


So I'm still enjoying cranking out granny squares... so I'll keep going until I can't stand it anymore. I'm hoping that will be around 300 squares... heehee.

(In full disclosure... I'm willing to bet that I have some of this white somewhere in my stash. This is the yarn I used to make sweaters for our vet's quads. However... since the yardage has changed over time, I'm going to assume that the yarn might be a bit different as well).

3 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful colored granny squares there. I like the white borders on each one, makes the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the granny squares!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.