Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's sooo Cindy

I've been obsessing lately with crochet blocks... 'specially in a lighter weight yarn (all our afghans are done in a traditonal aran/heavy worsted weight). I had been browsing online for affordable cotton yarns to make a pastelly granny blanket and just wasn't finding what I was looking for in the price range that I was willing to spend.

Then Bernat released a bunch of new colors in the Softee Baby line (one of my fave baby yarns). Well, I just had to order some and start a blankie.


Yep, that's just what I wanted!

I'm doing 4 round granny squares. The first three rounds I'm doing randomly from the 8 colors, and the last round is in white. The blocks are coming out 3.5", so I'll need 300 squares. I have 41 done. I'm guessing I'll get tired of doing them somewhere around 100, it'll get tossed aside and will never see the light of day again... cause I've got about 10 such afghans started (several sampler afghans... where each block is different. I can't imagine why I started an afghan that all the blocks are mostly the same.). I will say that if it's like the Babette, the thing that will keep me going is playing with color combos. I can't wait to finish one so I can try an other color combo. However, even after only 41 blocks, I'm struggling at not repeating myself (which will happen, and has).

So I'm riding the wave of excitement with the project right now. The small blocks are nice for summer (tho' this has been the most pleasant July in my memory). I'm setting daily goals for how many I would like to get done, then reward myself with a little Fallout 3.

There are also some knitting projects that I'm working on here and there... but I'll update those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.