Tuesday, June 02, 2009

hmmm.... soft cotton yarn

When Knitpicks first put up their Organic Simply Cotton yarn, I was obligated to get some. I ordered the lightest color hoping that it was fairly white so I could wear it. It wasn't.

In fact, the yarn is fairly yellowish cream. Perfect for Matt.


It's perfect for Matt on several levels. The color will look great on him. Plus the yarn? Sooooo soft and yummy.

I'm using the aran weight, but I'm knitting it fairly tightly (using a size 6 US needle) and this sampler textured pullover has been a delight to knit. (We all know how I love to knit samplers!). The pattern is from the Nashua booklet County Fair (which is the same booklet as the fab Cables & Rib Cardigan).

I'm making this much longer than usual for Matt, knowing it will shrink up with washing. However, even if it doesn't shrink up much, I think the styling will be fine for him if it's a little longer than usual. It's going to be a nice relaxed cotton sweater.

I'll get the back done today, then I think I'll play with an other project before I tackle the front. Or Fallout 3.

2 comments:

  1. I clicked on your link to see the Cables and Rib pattern and LOVE it! It will look very nice in the ecru color so it looks like Matt wins all the way round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine who used lots for organic cotton says it shrinks about 10-12% in length. I am currently making a baby blanket very similar to your crocheted one, but knitting four squares with the increases running down the center of each square out of the cotton organic yarns. I will put the border on as soon as I know the sex of the baby (later this month) and then will wash it to see how much it shrinks.
    Rona

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.