Monday, June 08, 2009

Not JUST Fallout 3

According to my Facebook status, I play a lot of Fallout 3 (my Xbox 360 account does an auto status update for Facebook... usually when I don't want it to). However, that does not mean I'm also not getting some knitting done:


A new project has been started! That's Mr. Shortsleeves... a summer version of Mr. Greenjeans. In a very splitty cotton/bamboo yarn (called Amazon by Needful yarns. Elann had a full bag sale). Notice that it's a completely different color for me. A blue green rather than a green blue! (heehee). It's moving quickly, but I'm not used to knitting at such a loose gauge (and trust me, after swatching this for a different project, it needs to be knitted at this gauge). I'm not thrilled with my uneven stitches (loose gauge + cotton/bamboo yarn = uneven stitches for me). We'll see how it blocks, but right now, I'm fairly happy with it. (especially after I tried it on when I divided for the sleeves... fabulous feeling fabric!).

Also Matt's Cotton Sampler is progressing slowly. I went ahead and blocked the back:


After much internal debate, I ended up doing a wet block (meaning I didn't dry it to shrink it). First, I like the length on it (even tho' it's about 2.5" longer than I normally make sweaters for Matt) and second, due to the nature of the stitches, it's going to have to be wet blocked anyway.

I do have the front underway, with the first section just about done (it's currently my breakfast knitting.. but if I get on a roll with it again, I'll move it to "main project" again).

Last and certainly not least is the Sunflower in Soft Sunshine:


I will say right now that the color is soooo much prettier in person. Sadly, this is a fairly slow knit for me. The lace pattern is worked on both sides and includes a p2tog... and with this very splitty yarn, that slows me down. However, one sleeve is done and the second is underway.

So lots of different projects... but all with non flexible yarns. My hands are starting to feel it a bit (or is that from Fallout 3?). I might need to throw a wool yarn in there somewhere... or maybe a crochet project... just to not tire my hands out quite so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.