Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Out of Focus

I've hit the wall a bit with the finishing frenzy. Then again, I might have hit the wall in general with my knitting. I can't quite get into a knitting groove right now.

I did cast on Roam with the Brooks Farm Solo Silk, and it's pooling a lot. So I need to decide if that's the look I want or not. The fabric is perfect: great drape, nice sheen with just a little haziness. The colors are fab, so we'll see if I get consisant pooling. This is why I don't knit with multi colors very often... I just seem to prefer the solids.




I also seem to not stash a lot of DK weight yarn! I downloaded Chic Knits new pattern (how could I not????) yet I don't have a lot in my stash that I think will work. I seem to prefer worsted/aran weight yarns.

We did get to see Kraemer's new yarns at Pittsburgh. The Belfast is quite nice (a cotton/linen/acrylic/silk blend that's a marled effect, a little thick and thin). Theresa bought a skein, so I got to swatch it. Marls aren't usually my favorite (Elann's Adara aside) but this was delightful to knit. Looks great in just straight up st. st. (Kathy Zimmerman did design a very pretty lace twin set for it). The new yarns aren't up on the site... yet. However, I think the Belfast might be PERFECT for the Sandrine).

So I'm sort of looking for that "trigger" project. Something that inspires me a bit. I might do a knitting nest clean up today or fix the Summer Braids buttonbands (that might be my mental block... as I don't feel that it is DONE).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.