Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm Stashin'

(not to be confused with Rage Against the Machine's "I'm Housin'")

Had a super fun weekend at the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet out. The new facility is great... we didn't get lost (tho' West Virginia is lovely, we didn't really want to visit there last year) and the selection of resturants in the area was fab!

Lot's of vendors (I think there were a little over 50). A lot were hand dyers, which mostly isn't my first choice. However, got me some Brooks Farm yarn:


This is already cast of for Roam. Looking good so far. We'll see if I get any pooling at the waist shaping. It's a sport weight wool/silk blend, single ply. Stunning. There's a bit of a halo with it, as well as a nice sheen.

Part of the thing I love about us going to this show is that we stay in the same hotel as the knit out. Meaning that we can go back to the room for a little mid day break. Theresa can get a nap and I can swatch what I just bought. The solo silk was so incredibly yummy that I had to get more:


So yummy it's not even funny.

So as always, I'm very inspired to cast on 15 projects... but I'll try to stay focused on finishing. Would still like to have two projects done by the end of February... and I'm running out of time!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh.

    That second solo silk? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy! I like the first.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.