Friday, February 20, 2009

Seeing Red Again

Two projects to update today... both in red. The very hardest color to photograph. Neither project shown is a good color representation of the actual color. Both are much much more stunning in person.

First up is the stunningly beautiful, but tediously slow knitting Sailor's Ribs & Ropes:

Sailor's Ribs & Ropes Cardigan
Click to see the lovely dog hair

Wow, this is going to be wonderful when it's finished. It's slow. Very slow. I'm only getting two rows done a day (on average). 10" finished with an other 5" before I divide for the armholes. I keep telling myself that if I were knitting it in pieces, the back would almost be done by now.

The slowness doesn't bother me much on this. I know that in the end, this is going to be the classic red cardigan. It will never go out of style, and the tightness of the fabric means it should wear well. Limiting how much I work on it daily cuts back on how tedious it feels. I actually look forward to the set times I work on it.

The other red project is the yarn from the second Cassidy that just wasn't working (remember the tweed didn't work with the cables of Cassidy). However, I really wanted something similar: a hoodie for sure. With cables. So I've cast on a BPT CPH. I'm mostly following the pattern for the BPT, but I'll make some changes (like ribbing and added body length).

BPT/CPH Hybrid
click to enlarge

The heartier cables definitely work better, but I'm not doing the same cable as the BPT pattern (which is an eight row cable. I'm doing a 6 row). Just to show how difficult red is to photograph, here's an other view (with slightly different adjustments):

BPT/CPH Hybrid
click to enlarge


So the finishing trend has sort of stalled. As has the adding stash to Ravelry. Eh. I'll get back to both. Eventually. I still think I can reach my 24 finished projects this year.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Sailor's Ribs + Ropes looks great, Cindy! (I have been thinking of that one for myself, although I might modify the neck.) Your cables are straight + true, so stick with it; all those cables sure can take awhile...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.