Friday, February 06, 2009

Karma Is a Bitch

First, remind me to not make fun of Matt when he's sick... 'cause of course now I've caught his cold.

I'm obviously not supposed to cast on new projects. The last two that I've cast on have been frogged.

I loooooove my Cassidy cardigan and I want a cotton/acrylic blend one for spring. So I ordered some beautiful Tatamy Tweed Worsted in Cherry (it's a beautiful cool red with blue flecks).


It's not working. I've worked a few rows of the cable patterns and they are completely lost with the flecks. I know how beautiful this can be, as I was already in love with my Cascade 220 version by this point. (FYI: the photo actually pops the cables more than they do in person).

I still want a red one in a cotton blend. I might have to dig into the Cotton Ease stash and actually do a cable swatch (ya, I'm sure the odds aren't good on me actually swatching...). This yarn is stunning, but I think it needs bulkier cables.


The other project I started and just don't love is "The Original Patrick". I originally bought this yarn to make this pattern, but I couldn't get past the ribbing. So I switched to the Beaverslide (which was totally the wrong weight yarn for the project). I love the look of the pattern for Patrick (even if it does need some tweeking for a good fit for Matt... ya, 19" deep sleeves ain't gonna work). The Shadyside alpaca/wool blend is stunning, but it's a handspun. The yarn just isn't giving me the look I want. I feel my stitches look uneven and sloppy. So... a new Patrick will be done (probably in good ol' Cascade 220... when in doubt, use Cascade 220) and the Shadyside will be used for a more simple project (Matt thinks something with moss stitch. Isn't that cute... he knows what moss stitch is).

So... I think there's a message in there somewhere: finish more before I cast on!!! Okay, okay... I'm working on my Summer Braids (have I mentioned that I'm on the second sleeve???) so I can try to have it done by the end of the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Yeah, but does he know how boring moss stitch is? I've got the pattern for Patrick hanging out somewhere. It's gorgeous and I'm sure you'll do it justice.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.