Monday, December 08, 2008

Year In Review #1

I ended up having to frog back the right front of Cassidy to the ribbing. I tried laddering down the cable, but it was very sloppy looking. I wasn't sure that blocking would be enough to clean it up. Oh well, it shouldn't take long to reknit... when I get around to it. I'm taking a little break from it for now.

However, it's that time of year again! Let's go over the good, the bad and the frogged! I like to go back and see what I've done this year and re-evaluate my projects. So let's get started! (the linked project name will take you to the actual project page with details on yarn/pattern, etc).

First finished project this year was Beatrice:


Let's just say... FROGGED. I love the yarn, but the sweater was about as unflattering on me as I could possibly wear. I'm probably going to use the yarn for a cardigan... eventually. Definitely didn't start the year off well!


Ike, on the other hand was a huge success and Matt wears this sweater often (however, he hangs it in his closet off a peg, so the neck has all stretched out). If you look at the link page, you'll notice it does take you to December of last year, but since I had to fix the sleeve length, I didn't count it done until the above photo was taken (bit of an improvement, eh?)

Ribby II was a huge sucess... and something I wear ALL the time. Both Ribbys get a lot of wear


(and if you think that using purple discouraged Matt from wearing it... you're wrong. He'll slip it on if it's handy and he's chilled. Love love the Moda Dea Silk n Wool blend).

The results of Beryl were a bit of a mixed bag:


I have to say I'm happy with the results (tho' I still think some short row bust dusts would've made this a perfect fit.. I'll be sure to do that next time!). So while I think the project looks great... I have yet to wear it even once. Part of that is lifestyle. I think it's a little dressy, and just simply haven't really had an opportunity to wear it. Just goes to show that a project can be a success, just not a high usage project.

So that's round one...Not bad, only one real disaster (but, hey, the year in review ain't over yet!).

Just a quick response to some comments: the sweater that Matt is wearing in the photos of his winter set is by Janet Szabo called "Son of ARAN" and a truely terrific pattern. One of my favorite sweaters on Matt, as I love the fit (aaaah, the advantage of top down construction!). If you compare how great it fits compared to Patrick, you can see why we're disappointed with Patrick (over sized sweaters on a petite frame look silly... and Matt most definitely looks silly in Patrick).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.