Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Frosted Raspberries Might Just Be Good Afterall

October Frost
click to enlarge

I decided that I needed to get one full repeat done on the October Frost before I frogged. I'm glad I did. It looks very different once the pattern can be seen. Now granted, the cables don't "pop" the way I usually prefer them. However, I love the drape and halo I'm getting. I think it works well for with the pattern and what I wanted this sweater to be.

It's a nice contrast to Patrick. Which is a very tight knit with mulespun yarn. The Mountain Mohair is so light it's nice to switch between the two.

Patrick
click to enlarge

The body is obviously done on Patrick, and I went ahead and added the neckband. The first sleeve is underway. As usual for me, the sleeves are slow going. This is a pretty bulky sweater (again... my fault. This yarn really is a wee bit too heavy for this gauge), but Matt will love it come winter. It will be great for walking the dogs! It's also so nice to knit a sweater for Matt that is an actual color. I love the Autumn Licorice, but it's not a color I can wear. He's going to look fab in it!

I've got some other projects that I'm dabbling with as well, but those two seem to be my main concentration right now. I do like having a "new" project to work on as well as an older one that needs to be finished up. You know my motto: Finish one, start two, buy yarn for three!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think the frosted raspberries looks great, and the pattern does pop. Love the other one too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.