Monday, July 28, 2008

October Frost and Raspberries Don't Mix

October Frost
click to enlarge

Wow, does my camera hate this color. I actually can watch it "adjust" to a crappy color (I did try my best in Photoshop). Either way, I'm not digging my stitch definitioin.

October Frost (an other fab pattern from A Fine Fleece) is more of a jacket style sweater (at 16 sts to 4" and fairly long). I wanted a lighter weight yarn to keep it from being too heavy. While I love the Green Mountain Spinnery Mountain Mohair (in Raspberry), I'm frogging it. I'm just not getting the kind of stitch definition that I like. I might look into some Beaverslide yarn to knit it...

...but I figured I need to finish up a project in Beaverslide already started:

Patrick in Autumn Licorice
click to enlarge

Again, love the yarn, but I pushed the limit a bit on gauge. To get the 18 sts to 4" for the pattern, it's a really tight knit. However, the yarn is just beautiful, and definitely something I would consider for knitting October Frost.

Don't worry, I've already looked thru A Fine Fleece and I've got several other options for my beautiful raspberry Mountain Mohair.However, the color choices at Beaverslide is killing me. Can't decide what I want to order!!!

Edit: When enlarging photos, don't bother trying to knock off the dog hair on the projects. Doesn't seem to work at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.