Thursday, July 31, 2008

I love swatching!

So, I downloaded Cassidy yesterday. Since I don't really want to cast on a new project until I finish up Patrick or at least October Frost, I decided to just swatch for Cassidy.

Cassidy in Cascade 220
click to see the dog hair infested project

Since the sizing goes from a 42" to a 46", I decided I really needed to swatch the entire back... just to make sure I'm making the right size. The Cascade 220 shown there is the 5th yarn I tried (and yes, I cast on the back for each yarn... but sometimes you just know within a row or two if you're going to be happy).

Right now I'm very happy. Part of what I love about the sample on the pattern is the soft heathered color. I realized that's why I wasn't happy with the first 4 yarns I tried (tho the Cascade Sierra is still in serious consideration for an other one down the road). This blue is perfect and I love Cascade 220.

So Patrick is sort of stalled (not surprising... my hands start to rebel if I knit it too many days in a row), but that doesn't mean I'm not progressing on October Frost:

October Frost in Mountain Mohair
click to see the dog hair infested project

This is going quite quickly actually. I'm glad I stuck with it, as it really is what I had in mind. It's going to be a great sweater this winter!

Now I just have to decide if I want to stick Patrick back in the closet for a bit or if I should prevail and work a row or two...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:08 PM

    Love your swatching--normally I don't swatch like that, only do a sleeve or so, just to see if the cables will work out. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must think alike as I downloaded the same pattern yesterday. Yours looks so very nice, and I love the heathered yarn. October Frost is looking great too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.