Monday, May 05, 2008

Yes, I Do Own A Camera

but it never left my bag the entire weekend at Maryland Sheep & Wool.

It was a pretty nice weekend. The weather stayed nice (and actually got pretty warm on Saturday and I ended up with just a little sunburn). I have to admit that the crowds get to me. Julie and I arrived very early Saturday (around 8:30) so we were able to get into some of the booths before it got bad, but by 9:30-10:00, the barns were uncomfortably crowded. We did a quick walk thru, then went back to get a couple of things we had seen that we liked. Poor Julie was out of luck, as both of the kits she wanted were sold out. She was able to just get the pattern for one, but the other was a rug hooking kit and they were gone. All of 'em.

I got some yarn from Green Mountain Spinnery that I had been eyeing up for a couple of years now. Seemed like a good year to get it. Plus a new kit from Sheldridge Farm (of course... now I just need to actually make one... 3 kits and none are even cast on).

I will say that you could see the impact of the ecomony. Prices were higher this year. Noticably so. As a matter of fact the knitting kit that Julie missed out on, I had bought a year ago... and I paid less than what they were selling it for this year. It's just across the board. Things simply cost more.

So I think that's it for me this year. I don't plan on going to any more festivals/knitting conventions. I simply need a break. I simply don't need anything and I can't keep myself from coming home with 4 more projects. I think a year off will be good for me for many reasons. I need to use up what I already have... at least make a small dent in it. Plus I think I hit so many that I'll be more excited if there's a small break.

I will say that I am even more motivated to get some things done after these kinds of events. Matt's Gedifra sweater is still progressing nicely. Back and both sleeves are done, so it's just the rest of the front (which is cast on with one cable repeat done). I also needed an other "breakfast project" since Mr. Greenjeans is finished. I ended up dusting off my Mermaid... which only needs sleeves at this point. Got quite a bit done of the first sleeve this morning.

I'll dig my camera out of my bag at some point today and get some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.