Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cindy Gets Off Her Lazy Butt...

... and gets some photos!

First up, Patrick. Nothing like a sleepless night to get some progress:

Patrick in Beaverslide McTaggart Tweed
click to enlarge

About one more repeat before the armhole(yay!). All I can say is I'm glad Matt's not any taller! If I'm not distracted (by some new yarn arriving today) I hope to get to that armhole!

As a break for my sore hands, I'm working on the Cable & Rib Cardigan. This is the kind of pattern that I love. Sort of like a broken rib with a cable pattern thrown in just for fun. I love it! (there's also a man's pullover version... think Matt would like it? ya, me too)

Cable & Rib Cardigan in Vanna's Choice
click to enlarge

I will say the only drawback so far on my yarn choice is how warm it's going to be. The original pattern called for a cotton/acrylic... oops, I mean cotton/"microfiber" blend... uh.huh.... and I think it would be nice to have this in that (we all know how much I love my cotton blends!). However, the Vanna's Choice color really apppealed to me (and similar to the pattern's sample version). Plus if I had made it in the Nashua Cilantro called for in the pattern, I would be looking at $200 worth of yarn. Just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a cotton/acrylic blend sweater! I did swatch up some Cotton Ease, but wasn't happy with how loose the fabric was (I think Cotton Ease is mislabeled at 17 sts to 4"... even at 18 sts to 4", I find the fabric a little loose for my taste).

Okay, back to Patrick... and maybe a nap. 3 hours of sleep just ain't enough!

2 comments:

  1. Love those cabley sweaters! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look like beautiful sweaters, and I love all those cables too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.