Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's Next?

Anytime I finish something it usually takes me a while to settle into the next project. This time it wasn't so hard.

First, I'm still plugging away on Mr. Greenjeans. I'm only working on it during breakfast/Sportcenter time. I'm getting pretty close to the body being done. To the point I may stop where I'm at and do the sleeves. I'm getting a little concerned with how much yarn I have left. Oh, and Debby, so far, I'm really liking the pattern. We'll see how it fits (especially since I had to tweek the numbers for different gauge).

The other project that I've been trying to concentrate on is Matt's Patrick. (Mainly cause I got the "when is my turn for a finished sweater"?... can't argue with that!). While I love the way Patrick is looking... it's a royal pain in the ass to knit. The yarn is slightly too heavy for the pattern, so it's a tight knit. It's also wollen spun yarn, so it's not very elastic, making the cable rows physically challenging. I admit that if I weren't so far on this sweater, I would change yarns. However, the back is done and I'm not quite halfway thru the front. Luckily, the sleeves don't have as many cables (thanks to the shaping). Hopefully they'll go a little easier.

So the goal is to work on it for a bit, then change to something else to give my hands a rest. Like a cardigan in Vanna's Choice. Let me say that if this yarn washes nicely (without a lot of pilling) it might just become my new favorite yarn. It's actually delightful to knit and it cables really well (not something I find 100% acrylic yarns to like to do). So we'll see how it holds up to the washing machine before I give my final verdict, but as of right now, I'm really enjoying knitting with it.

However, spring fever has sorta hit, and I'll be digging out some closeted WIP's now that spring is around the corner. Once I finish up one of these other projects, of course! 'Cause I wouldn't just start working on something else, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.