Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Waiting Game

Ribby II
Ribby Cardi by ChicKnits in Silk'n Wool
click to enlarge

Almost done. However, I bought a 27" zipper (when I first started this). I should've bought the 24" (what was I thinking?). Anyway, instead of trimming down the too long zipper, I just went and ordered a new one. Plus a new zipper for Matt's Ike. I was never happy with that zipper. It's too light in color and too heavy for the fabric. It has actually distorted the bottom of his sweater.

So I'll wait til I have the zipper installed before I give my final review (to verify fit). So far, let's say it's lookin' good. The yarn is delightful to knit with. The colors work really well together. I love this pattern (tho' I did add a little width to the sleeves). I'm already thinking about the next one (a pullover version for Matt in the Kathmandu yarn that he loves so much).

However, I'm going to work on some other projects that are sitting here. I have the Boku wrap that I'm enjoying knitting on. Plus a few others... but you know it won't last. Having a set of 7's & 8's without a project on them just doesn't feel right to me... something will probably get swatched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.