Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sometimes It's Not Me...

So I spent yesterday swatching for Cherie Armour. I think the style is flattering and I could see me wearing it a lot.

However, everything I tried, I didn't like the fabric. Then it dawned on me... it's the gauge not the yarn that I didn't like. It's knit in a bulky weight. I tried several bulky yarns... didn't get the drape I wanted. Tried some yarns doubled, same thing. If I got the drape I wanted, it was too loosey goosey and the lace pattern was lost.

I finally realized that no matter how much I like the pattern (and I've looked at a lot of Ravelry... and in all body types. It's suprising how well this pattern adapts to different figures), I don't like the bulky weight styling of it.

Of course, I've got no business spending an entire day on a new project. I've got loads here to do (Patrick isn't cooperating. I'm now down to only 2" left on the back... but I know I've knit it more than that. I think it's ripping out rows of knitting while I'm sleeping. Beatrice is moving along well. The first sleeve is better than halfway done. Basically I'm back to where I decided to redo the yoke).

I'm just debating if I should rework the pattern to a more friendly gauge for me (I think something that knits at 18 sts to 4" would suit me more than something that knits at 12 sts to 4"). I think it would be pretty simple to do... but I really should be focusing on my current projects.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.