Monday, January 21, 2008

Photos!

Ya, got off my lazy butt and took some photos today.

First up: my current obsession: Beatrice. Fixing the too deep raglan shaping has made this sweater much better fitting:

Beatrice
Knitting Pure & Simple Pullover in Classic Elite's Beatrice
click to enlarge

Worked a lot on this over the weekend. So both sleeves are done and now it's just a matter of slogging thru the body. I'm debating if I want to add (or rather subtract) a little waist shaping. I don't want this fitted, but I also don't want it frumpy (and my 3-hour glass figure can look even more frumpy without a little waist definition). We'll see... I do want this to be "sweatshirt" styling. It might have as much to do with just needing something to do than just knit stocking stitch around and around....

I'm also getting a little progress on Roam. Still not sure about this one. The knitting is very straight forward and I think the shaping is going to be flattering. However, I'm not madly in love with it. I'll keep slogging along, but something is not "clicking" right for me and I'm not sure why.

Roam
Roam by Laura Chau in Filati'sSailor
click to enlarge


I am still trying to work on Patrick, but I have to admit that it's a physically challenging project. As I still have a few more rows to finish on the back, I didn't bother with an update picture. The cable rows (and the wrong side after the cable row) is extremely hard to work. The mulespun yarn doesn't have a lot of flexibility and I'm knitting it at a very tight gauge. I will continue with it, as it's so worth it, but I really can only do a few rows at a time.

Since it's bitter cold, it seems like a good day to snuggle in under the afghans and knit. Maybe cast on a summery project (heehee). Or work on something from the WIP closet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.