Thursday, January 10, 2008

Patrick meets Beatrice

I'm pretty much cycling thru three projects right now. I'm working on Roam only in the morning while Matt and I have breakfast. So I'm getting a few rows done each day. It's a good way to tackle a project like that. It's all seed stitch with a little shaping in it.

Then I move to my knitting nest and work on Patrick.
Patrick
click to enlarge

As you can see, he's progressing very well. I'm past the armhole shaping and I have about a repeat and a half to go on the back. The problem is that I'm knitting this at a very firm gauge (as I mentioned in my last post) and it's a little hard on the hands... especially the cables. Soooo worth it. It's turning out just the way I had hoped.

I think this is a good lesson... if a project is langishing, evaluate why. I love the pattern, but I couldn't get into it with the previous yarn (nothing wrong with the yarn, just wasn't the right yarn for this project). I've got a few more of those in my closets that I'm going to have to re-evaluate... make sure that I have the right yarn to the project.

Well, since Patrick is a little hard on my hands, I needs something easy to knit on in the evenings when we watch TV. Beatrice is a perfect choice:

Beatrice
click to enlarge

I'm using Knitting Pure and Simple's Neckdown Pullover for Women and the yarn is Classic Elite's Beatrice. Beautiful! The yarn is three plies of multi colored yarns, so it does split very easily, but the pattern works great with it: shows of the colors so beautifully.

As you can see, I went ahead and did the neckband and I'm on the first sleeve. I like to do those before I have the full sweater, as it's less bulky. The other advantage is that I can then make it as long as I have yarn for. No waste, and no running short. I'll just work the body until I'm out of yarn. I'm just about ready to switch to dpn's for the first sleeve, and that's going to be a treasure hunt. I think I have 10.5 dpns... just don't know where!

Well, let's see if I can get an other half repeat done on Patrick before lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.