Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Hello 2008!

Hope everyone had a great start to the new year!

We're finishing up the powder room re-do... and of course with any construction job, it sort of snowballed into more than just the powder room. Some of the family room got mixed in. However, the bathroom is usable again with just a few minor things for Matt to finish up. Sadly, he's back to work today.

I finished up shortening the sleeves on Ike, and Matt loves it. He loves the yarn (I knew he would) and it's a comfy cardigan for him. I did a little "knitting nest clean up" to prepare for the new year. I also cast on my Jan 1 "new project" yesterday.

Patrick
click to enlarge

I restarted Patrick for Matt. I gave him the Beaverslide yarn for Christmas (the color is called autumn licorice, and it's stunning in person). I had originally started the pattern in Shadyside Farm's alpaca and it just wasn't right. The Beaverslide is perfect (and love the yarn). The handspun alpaca is going to be better for a more simple style sweater.

I also frogged the Central Park (no relation) Hoodie. Just too many small irritating issues with it (that reversed ribbing was going to drive me nuts). I'll restart it eventually, as I really like the style of it.

Since it's the start of new year, I'm always thinking about what I want to accomplish in the next 12 months. Top of my list is Level I of the Master Knitting Program. I've had the package for a couple of years and just got the revised packet. I'm setting myself due dates so I can hopefully get it done this time!

I'm also going to go back to my "finish one, start one" mentality. This really works for me. An older project and a newer project at the same time. Maybe I can get more done this year? I've got a lot of projects started that I love, but just haven't put the time into finishing them. I hope my concentration is a little better this year and maybe I can stick to 2 or 3 projects at a time? (ya, I know, good luck with that Cindy).

1 comment:

  1. That autumn licorice is awesome. And the cable pattern ain't bad either. How do I get on your list of people you just have to knit something for?

    I've been trying to follow the end one start one routine but I'm having a difficult time. I've started making smaller projects just so I can start more, more often. And giving away yarn where I can.

    Have a great New Year, Cindy. And remind Matt how lucky he is that you're there to make him all those handsome sweaters.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.