Tuesday, December 18, 2007

And yet there's more...

Let's continue on with the Year in Review! If you select the pictures, it will link you to the Project Summery post for that project.

Split V in Elann's Adara:


I loved this pullover. The cotton/linen blend does stretch out quite a bit as you wear it, so I've had to "shrink" it a couple of times (a few minutes in the dryer will do). The pattern worked up quickly, easily and I just love the yarn. Got a lot of wear this summer and well into fall.

Inital feelings: loved it
Current feelings: still love it

Shoalwater Shawl in Josyln's Fiber Arts Angel Hair


This project started as a KAL with my SnB, until we realized that doing lace as a social project might not be the best idea. It's a great (and easy) lace project, tho' it does get pretty tedious by the end. Adding the beads to the bottom makes it drape beautifully. I love it, but I don't wear it (not really a shawl person, actually... but I do enjoy knitting them)

Initial feelings: glad it was done, love it
Current feelings: still love it, but doesn't get worn

Natural Beauty Fair Isle for Matt in Paton's Classic Wool


Let me say I hated this project. It seemed to be one of those cursed projects. I started this for Matt way back at the turn of the century (I think it was about 1998). The fair isle was worked flat and I didn't know any better. After I realized that the 52" finished one wasn't going to fit my shrunken husband, I restarted it to knit in the round. Went faster, but just never loved working on it. Matt wanted it sooo badly, so I finished it up for him for his birthday this year. I still think it's too big on my (mostly thru the sleeves) but he loves it (and even wore it today).

Initial feelings: I hated knitting it, didn't like the way it looked finished, but Matt loves it
Current feelings: glad it's not hanging over me any more, still don't love it, but Matt does, and that's what counts.

Rambling Shadows Jacket in Simply Soft Shadows


This is one of those, "let's see how this would work... I just want to play with the yarn and pattern". I had some of the Simply Soft Shadows in my stash, and thought that the mitered jacket would be comfy and easy care. I bought some solid for the sleeves and the binding, and I now have a comfy and easy care sweater for around the house.

Initial feelings: fun and easy project, just what I wanted
Current feelings: gets tossed on when I'm (or Matt) is chilled and need that extra layer.

Okay, that's it for today. I should finish up the review tomorrow. Right now I'm off to make some stitch markers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your "review" posts. I'm amazed at all you've accomplished this year! Inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.