Thursday, November 08, 2007

Tangled Yoke Cardigan Revisited

First, a quick thanks for all the anniversary wishes. Matt and I enjoyed our day together (we went shopping... a very odd and unusual pasttime for us). We both got new winter coats (as both of the coats we've been wearing are from several years... and several pounds... ago). I've already started a scarf for Matt and his new coat. Mine is going to take a little stash digging to get the right colors.

Anyway, my biggest problem with knitting is that the wheels of my brain are always turning... what's next, what else shall I knit, do I have any empty needles that I can cast that on? My favorite part of knitting is the planning. Finding the right pattern. Finding the right yarn. Casting it on to see if what I envisioned works... then it becomes work to actually finish the sweater. While I enjoy the rush of a finished project, I get a bigger rush from starting.

So that leads me to the title of today's blog.

Remember I did start the Tangled Yoke Cardigan for myself. Right after I got into Ravelry, I looked at the finished versions and noticed that most of the women that it looked nice on were petite and skinny. I might be short, but I'm far from skinny. I am large busted and I had concerns about the sleeves being too tight on me. So I abandoned the project.

Well, I admit that I can't stop thinking about it. I've seen more pop up finished, and this sweater "should" be a good style for me... hell, i even started it in a green yarn (as I have this rule about green and cardigans).

So I've got a plan... thanks to this clever knitter. A perfect solution so I can fit as I go... I can short row bust darts, increase more for the sleeves... it's all so much more simple when it's top down, right?

Okay, so that's the plan. After I finish the three projects that are sitting here in front of me. I admit that I haven't touched Mermaid for several days. Matt's swatch for Ike is progressing nicely (meaning that I'm about 5" short of finishing the back). However, the Cindy Must Knit This Cardigan is progressing well. The right front is about halway to the armhole shaping.

As you can tell, I'm sort of having the Blog Blah's right now. So I'm not going to be keeping to a regular schedule as far as updating goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.