Friday, September 07, 2007

Lace Crochet Shawl

Lace Crochet Shawl
click to enlarge

I blocked the lace shawl yesterday and finished up the pattern. I will be selling the pattern in my Etsy shop after Theresa's class finishes up. I did have a minor little set back with the blocking. (note to self: merino wool lace weight yarn will break before size 10 cotton thread). I had a section break on me while I was trying to remove the cotton thread I used to help me block it out. I was able to fix it, so all is well.

Project Stats:

Pattern: Olde Peddler Shawl by me
Yarn: Fearless Fiber's Merino Laceweight yarn (miracle colorway)
Overall Impressions: I did this pattern specifically for a crochet lace class that Theresa will be teaching at Olde Pedder Wools and it's a very straight forward pattern stitch. I can't say enough about the yarn. The colors work perfectly with the pattern and it bloomed so beautifully when it blocked. The drape and softness is just what I would want in a shawl.

So I'm pretty happy with it. Again, I can't say enough about the yarn. This is the first I've worked with wool and crochet (I usually use a smooth cotton) and I'll be doing more. I have 2 more colorways of the merino laceweight yarn in my stash... and I'm thinking of a little lacey cardigan....

6 comments:

  1. it turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Cindy - that is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:40 PM

    Lovely! I would have died when the yarn broke- glad you could save it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crochet shawl. It turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:06 PM

    that is lovely... and looks way more fun than my blanket squares. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.