Monday, September 10, 2007

The Clever Monday Title

Busy weekend with a busy week coming up. I have my mother in law visiting for a week (she arrives tonight). So I spent the weekend doing the things around the house that I can't do while she's here (meaning I'm caught up with all my laundry).

Thanks to everyone that left comments about the Lace Crochet Shawl. Did everyone rush over to Etsy and get some of Fearless Fiber's merino laceweight yarn?? (my shawl took 3 skeins).

On the knitting front (no pictures today, sorry), the Adara Chic is progressing nicely... I'm on the second sleeve. The fun part is after the sleeves are attached and I get to do those really really long purl rows. Good times. I'm looking forward to it.

Matt's Sampler Caridgan is also moving nicely. I put it aside due to the "warmth" factor. It's gotten very muggy and the fronts and back are seamed ready for me to do the sleeves and the buttonband... and that's a lot of wool in my lap right now.

I might take today off from all obligation knitting/housework and do a little Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando. I have yet to get 100% on the game (two platinum bolts to collect... and they're tough ones. I have to complete a race perfectly flying thru every ring. Yikes, not my forte'). The main reason I want to get a PS3 is for the new R&C game, but I have to say the last two games haven't been very fun for me. I didn't like Deadlocked at all (it's not in the same style as the other games in the series) and I found the PSP's Size Matters to be very frustrating (while I finished it, I didn't even try the challenge mode or shoot for 100%. I was just glad to have finished the game... very un-Ratchet and Clank-like).

I will say that I'm hearing really great things about Bioshock..and the main reason I'm leaning towards an Xbox360 before the PS3. It's story driven... and when a game is known for it's story, I get very excited. I'll even put up with bad game play for a good story (example: The Thing... while a truely fabulous story as it's actually a sequal to the John Carpenter movie, was a truely horrible game to play. Even my beloved Legacy of Kain series has horrid gameplay... but the story and acting is absolutely fabulous). However, I'm hearing that Bioshock is both: a good game and a good story. Old Grandma Hardcore is currently playing it, and she and I have similar tastes (maybe it's a girl gamer thing?).

Okay, off to play. I'll probably be hit or miss this week with posting. Having a houseguest always throws my schedule off!

1 comment:

  1. Instead of purling, have you tried knitting-back-backwards (via Meg Swansen)? She doesn't purl ever.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.