Monday, September 17, 2007

One Week Later...

Not really much to show for it. We had a busy week entertaining Matt's mother during her visit. However, I still was able to get some progress on a few projects:

Here's the Adara Chic second sleeve.

Adara Chic
click to enlarge


Just a reminder of the project. I'm using Elann's Adara to make Sitcom Chic. Nancy made an excellent comment last week about knitting backwards rather than doing those super long purl rows. I've done some knitting backwards (for things like bobbles and entrelac), but because I'm not very comfortable doing it, the purling is still faster. I know that if I practice more, it would be easier. I do have to say that I like turning my work. I'm not sure why, but I feel very productive when I get to turn my work a lot.

The Basketweave socks that I've had on the needles for a while zipped along.

Basketweave Sock
click to enlarge


That's actually the second sock finished. However, I wasn't happy with how the first sock's heel and gusset looked, so I frogged it back to redo it:

Basketweave Sock re-do
click to enlarge


And here's the reminder about this project: pattern is Stitches of Violet's Basketweave Ribbing Socks and the yarn is the ooooh so beautiful Fearless Fiber's Superwash Wool in Thoroughbred (a much more accurate color representation of the color of the yarn).

Oh, and Matt's Sampler Cardigan has about 3" done on the first sleeve. I need to wind some more yarn and I'll do that today.

Right now I want to really focus on getting some thing finished. However, that's always a challenge for me... I'm so easily distracted! New Yarn! New Books! New Projects! (plus I'm getting antsy for an Xbox 360...)

Well, off to turn a heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.