Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Progress Report

As usual, I'm just cycling thru a couple of projects right now. I should finish up the Minty Fresh Cardigan today, but I still want to see if I can dye it to get rid of the baby greenness of it. I'll do a quick swatch and test it.

However, since I can never just work on one thing...

This is a top down crochet cardigan inspired by my latest Japanese book and a stitch from a Lion Brand pattern:
It's took me a couple of attempts to get the neckline right, but I'm really happy with how this is turning out. I'll do a little border around the body, but I'm just going to do a little tie on the front for closure. I had originally planned on just a little cap sleeve, but I have a lot of yarn, so I may just go ahead and do full length sleeves on it. I'm using Elann's Sonata and I just love the color.

Of course I had to play with somethig from my Pittsburgh trip... and I chose the Brooks Fiber Farm yarn. I bought the last 2 skeins of this colorway, so I didn't have a lot of yarn (well, for me... since I prefer to make clothes). So I decided on a fun scarf:
The pattern can be found in Scarf Style and while it looks great in the book in a solid color, I love how it looks in the dyed yarn. I originally saw it in KnitDad's blog. So I've been looking for the right yarn for some time now to knit it up. The Brooks fiber yarn is a wool, silk blend. The colors are just yummy and it's going to have a lovely drape. The Brooks had several Clapoties done up in this yarn and they looked fab! I think the silk content is key for the drape.

So I'm really going to concentrate on getting the Minty Fresh Cardigan done today. Since, like a lot of the country, it's snowing like crazy (and expected to continue), seems like a good day to snuggle in with the pups, maybe put in some movies and see how much I can finish (since February is for Finishing!).

Keep on Knittin'!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy, Thanks for the link. I'd forgotten how much I liked that scarf. I think the scarf is much more interesting in a multi-color yarn than in a solid.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.