Friday, January 19, 2007

Mostly Crochet Today

So it's cold plus I have a cold, so there's really only one thing to do: crochet an afghan: A nice Granny Rectangle. Simple, fast and cozy. Already thru three skeins of Homespun (which I can't knit with, but makes for fast cozy crochet afghans).

I did finish up the first sleeve on the crochet shrug cropped cardigan.
I haven't made up my mind if it's "me" or not. I'm afraid that I'm in a weird age for it... too old for it to be "hip" yet not old enough to be "70's hippy". I'll finish it and see what I think. It might be lovely in the summer as a light jacket...

The knitting isn't picture worthy. I worked a bit on the Jean Frost Cardigan. The Sitcom Chic is still just shy of dividing for the armholes and Matt's Because I Love You sweater is still at the first sleeve (but it is progressing).

I took my tote to SnB last night for some feedback. The straps are a smidgeon too short (especially if you have a coat on), but that'll be easy to correct on the next ones. Now I've got to work on my photography to get good color representation:
That's with decent natural light, but it seems washed out. I know that having a good color representation is important. I don't want people to order a bag and it to show up in a completely different color than what they thought it was going to be.

Off to do some laundry (it just never ends) and do some art work for Matt's racing team. I'm hoping to get some sewing done today. If not, I've got lots of knitting and/or crocheting to work on!

Keep On Knittin!

1 comment:

  1. LOL, Know what you mean about the hippy thing. Fortunately, living less than 50 miles from Berkeley CA, anyone of any age can go hippy style around here. Like the crocheting and the Knitting Bag is wonderful! Take care, Tori

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.