Monday, January 22, 2007

Clever Monday Morning Title

Yet an other busy weekend.

I taught a finishing class on Saturday at Olde Peddler Wools. I had 7 students and we covered a lot of material in 2 hours. It was a lot of fun and I never got a question that I couldn't answer. I know that I'm a cocky knitter (gauge? we don't need no stinking gauge) and sometimes it comes back to bite me, but I didn't realize how comfortable I am with my knitting until then. When asked a specific question, I can answer it confidently from my own experience (usual disclaimer involved... there are no knitting police and everyone has their own preference. I always say this is what I do and I try to explain why). I learned some things about the teaching process and I'll try to apply those to the Fixing Mistakes class I'm teaching next month.

I think that's why I like knitting... I don't know everything (still need to work on that crochet steek...) and it constantly keeps me challenged. While I might get bored with a specific project, I am constantly learning things about knitting.

Which is why I spent all weekend crocheting (heehee).

The Granny Rectangle Afghan is done (no picture as Matt borrowed my camera and I have no idea where it is. Probably with his glasses, wallet, keys, heart rate monitor watch... or what ever else he lost this week). I worked until I ran out of yarn. I probably had enough yarn to do one more round, but wasn't sure about how much my border was going to use. It's fine, yes would I have liked it bigger... absolutely, but that one extra round still wouldn't make it as big as I would've liked. Either way, it's a pretty afghan and is more "lapghan" than afghan. A nice "use up stash" project.

I have the second sleeve underway for the cropped crochet cardigan. I hope to have it finished up today. I want to get some things done, as I feel like I'm juggling a lot of projects right now and I feel very scattered. Oh and I really really need to get Matt's Because I Love You sweater done.

There's just never enough time!!! So I'm off to see how much stuff I can get done. (hmmm, why can't he lose the vaccuum???)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:19 PM

    It's nice when you have those a-ha moments that help you realize all you've learned in your knitting. I am helping a friend knit her first sweater, and it makes me feel good to see that despite some project frustrations, there are some things I can do.

    Hope you had a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.