Friday, December 15, 2006

Ya, I don't wanna talk about it...

The crochet steek didn't work. Not sure why, but I've got a huge mess on my hands right now and I'm trying very hard not to panic.

So let's talk something else?

It's the time of year when all the local race teams are reorganizing and jockeying for sponsors and bike deals. This is Matt's team first year as an organzied race team. They've been riding under their club, but due to the political nature of clubs (and them basically not wanting "elite" riders) they decided to go out on their own and get their own sponsors and a bike deal.

It's a lot of work, a lot of politics and some toes will always get stepped on. However, it looks like things are falling into place. They have their title sponsor (ironically, it's the same sponsor as the club, but they will be seperate with seperate jerseys) and they finalized their bike deal this week.

Matt's team is mostly Cat 3 and Cat 4 riders with the addition of some newbies (just starting racing, so they'll be Cat 5). Matt will be concentrating this year on the same races as he did last year. Matt does better as the temps and the roads go up

He still wants to improve his time trial time, which is really hard for him. He did see some improvement last year, but he's got a long way to go before he gets those high finishes in time trials.

The calf injury is slowing him down. Basically he can't ride right now. So we just joined our local YMCA so he can swim and try to keep his cardio up and his weight down. I'm in a serious weight loss/exercise funk right now and can't quite break it. We'll see if going to a gym will help (or hinder) my mood about it.

So I'm off to deal with my mess... I'll keep ya posted on how it's going. I'm pretty sure I can fix it, but my problem is I don't know what I did wrong. I'm going to play with how I do my steeks after the holidays.

Keep on Knittin'!

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the steek! And maybe the gym will be a fun change for a little while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Oh no! Hope you figure it out and fix it up quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.