Friday, December 29, 2006

Last Post of 2006 (maybe)

Ah, the end of the year. Always fun... looking forward to next year and planning on what I'm going to do. I've got some things planned for 2007 that I'm pretty excited about.

However, let's finish out 2006 projects:

The Angora Cables Cardigan:

A completely gorgeous sweater. The Elsebeth Lavold Angora was a delightful yarn to knit with... to the point I was disappointed when this project was done. (It's a Classic Elite pattern from "Winter"). I made some minor adjustments to the pattern, but the pattern is written for people with tiny upper arms. It's a little snug on the upper arms so it doesn't feel comfortable and doesn't quite sit on my shoulders. Hopefully I'll continue with my weight loss and it'll fit a little more comfortably.

Overall, a good project. Delightful to knit and a pretty finished sweater.

So let's see the current projects:

Matt's Because I Love You Sweater is stalled a bit. I'm not sure I made the sleeve depth long enough:
I'll probably finish up the sleeve and check the fit on him.

I cast on a sock (ya, whatever).
The yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts County Clair. I love the colors, but the yarn is a little heavier than fingering weight (which is why I've been having issues with gauge with it I believe), so I'm trying a pattern written for a heavier weight yarn. Seems to be working well.

Here's the Christmas gift project. I got the KnitPicks needle set for Christmas and the Jackets book from XRX, so I had to cast something on, right:
I'm using some of the old Cotton Ease in Pistatio. I was looking for a cable and lace pattern for the yarn and this fits the bill easily. A great easy to memorize pattern (which is unusual for me and lace), so it's moving along fairly well... when I'm knitting.

I must admit that I've been doing quite a bit more sewing than usual. Making the tote bag for our SnB gift exchange has become addictive. So I've been collecting some fabrics to try some other bags... but more about that later (that falls into the 2007 plans catagory).

So off to do some laundry and some sewing! Then some knitting!

Added (just because I love the way this tote turned out:)

This went to a friend who loooooves her coffee.... and purses.

Keep On Knittin'!

6 comments:

  1. The new lace looks great and I love the color. The coffee tote for Lauren is adorable and perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the tote bags. Not that I need any more bags... Sure enjoy your site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    That coffee tote is waaaaay too cool! It's right up my Sweidsh constant-coffee-drinking alley! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a great year...I am looking forward to see what flys of your needles in 2007!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cindy, I love your Angora Cables Cardigan! Do you think that I can find the pattern somewhere on the web?? French hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:10 AM

    Just caught up on your posts since before Christmas. The Angora cardigan is lovely, as is the pistachio sweater. Can't wait to see your plans for 2007!

    I hope you and Matt had a great Christmas, and that he's loving the power tap. Is he thinking about winter training now, or still healing from his calf injury?

    Happy New Year to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.