Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A quick post holiday update

Hi!

Our holiday weekend was lovely! Quiet and relaxing.

I did score some great knitting supplies.

Some great books:

This book is faboulous. I'm a huge Melissa Leapman fan and this book is divided into three sections: a tutorial, some patterns in varying degrees of difficulty then a lovely stitch dictionary. A must have for cable lovers!

This is a nice selection of jackets from Knitter's Magazine from over the years. Since I stopped getting Knitter's, I don't have a lot of the patterns in the book, and I've even cast on a Jean Frost.

This is one of the nicest sock books I have. A little bit of everything and nicely laid out!

A great stitch dictionary.

So not only did I score some great books, but I also got the KnitPicks needles set. I love it (and one of the reasons I was able to cast on the cardigan from the Jackets book).

Great stuff from Matt and his family. Truely lovely and greatly appreciated!

Oh, and we bought a car. Which I've only driven when we test drove it. That's going to change, as I'm off to the grocery store!

I'll try to update with actually knitting tomorrow. I'll see if I can get some photos of all these projects I've started...

Keep On Knittin'!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I got the some of the same books and the knit picks needles too.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.