Tuesday, November 07, 2006

14 Years and Counting

Today Matt and I celebrate 14 years being legally married (let's not talk about how many total years it is... I don't feel that old).

Last year this was my anniversary gift...and I only have the front I cord done so far. However, this year's anniversary gift was my trip to Stitches and I got to try it on. Ya, I need to work on that baby!

Anyway, we're keeping today low keyed. Matt took the day off and we'll do either lunch or an early dinner. Not sure what else is in the plans. We haven't decided (other than voting).

I, however have some projects to show (and about 101 hours in Okami... this is not a fast game). Since it's my anniversary, I thought I would show Matt's latest sweater project. He's been whining requesting a ribbed sweater for a while now. My original thought was top down seamless with raglan sleeves. Well, I started it then found out that Matt doesn't like raglan sleeves. Okay, plan two: simple dropped shoulder sweater. I'm using Cascade's Inca Alpaca in a beautiful dark green heather. It's officially being called "Because I Love You Sweater". At least it's not black socks *shudder*. The ribbing might be boring. There might not be any shaping, but it's good knit in social groups knitting.

The other project that I've been working on is the Dulaan Gansey. I had it off the needles to frog, then remeasured. Pulled out some patterns to get a feel for sizes and realized that while it's going to be larger than I thought, I really only needed to add about an inch or two to the body before splitting for the armholes. That means I should have enough yarn to make it. I have the yoke pattern charted and ready to go.

That's all I have pictures of and I'm not sure how much progress I'll get done today as I'm really not sure what we're going to do yet.

8 comments:

  1. Ditto, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! (again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 21st. I know what you mean about making you feel old. We've been together for over 25 years now. That really sounds like a long time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:16 PM

    Happy anniversary and have a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt & Cindy ~ I congratulate you both! Happy Anniversary...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.