Thursday, September 28, 2006

Quickie...

I wasn't going to blog today: I'm off to go shopping and have lunch with a dear friend and I didn't have much to update (the sheep pajamas are done with the exception of the buttonholes and the sleeves hemmed).

However, I wanted talk about my Spring Forward Cardigan vs. Rose Leaf Pullover.

The Spring Forward was made using TLC's Cotton Plus, a 50% cotton/50% acrylic blend (or close to those percentages).

The Rose Leaf Pullover was made using Cotton Fleece (80% cotton/20% wool).

I've worn both of these sweaters a lot. The Spring Forward got a lot of wear back in the spring before it got too warm to wear it and I wore the Rose Leaf a lot over the summer (especially when I went somewhere that had too much a/c).

I was planning on wearing the Rose Leaf today for my shopping trip. However I've found a problem with the Cotton Fleece (and this isn't the first time this has happened). It doesn't keep it's shape. It's relaxed to the point that it looks sloppy on me. I had the same problem with my Sampler Cardigan (but I've also lost a lot of weight since I finished that one).

I am now so happy that I decided to do the math to get the TLC Cotton Plus to work for the Spring Forward. It's machine washable/dryable. It's kept it's shape and it's next to skin soft. I think it has great stitch definition.

So while I have a lovely stash of Cotton Fleece, and I love the colors... I'm now wondering if I'm going to be happy with the finished product over time?

Good thing I bought some TLC Cotton Plus in the sage green to replace my Sampler Cardigan, eh?

1 comment:

  1. What a shame! Thanks for the warning...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.