Friday, September 29, 2006

Yet an other busy day....

I'm off again today for some more shopping (Olde Peddler Wools is having a sale!!!). I'm expecting Theresa and I will buy something... probably not much. (bwahahahahah!!!!).

I'm making progress on the charity auction entrelac satchel. I really need to speak to the designer of this pattern about using attatched I cord for seaming the bag together. What a royal PITA!!! I don't know what she was thinking (ya, okay, it seemed like a good idea at the time and I do like the way it looks, but I did include other techniques... yes, Lauren I could've done the "decorative whip stitch". I'm going to take that out of the pattern just so you don't continue to tease me about it... how does "a neat and even whip stitch" sound?)


So it's getting there. It's slow going, but sure does give a nice result. I think I'll look for some lining fabric while I'm out (oh and Debby: I really enjoy entrelac. Those little squares really aren't tough to do. Check out my pattern for the satchel and the step by step photos. If you can pick up stitches, purl 2 tog, ssk, and do a make one, you can do it. So basically if you knit socks with a heel flap, you can do it... and that also includes you Theresa! Some people don't like turning the work so much, but I actually like that part of it. I feel like it goes more quickly, but then I'm a short attention span knitter!).

And speaking of socks:


The Angel's Lace socks are moving along. About an inch to go before the heel flap.

That's about it, not much else to update. The sewing machine isn't back from the repair shop yet and it sounds like my back up machine needs to be oiled. I'm hoping I can do that myself... I would like to do some sewing this weekend, so we'll see!

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:08 PM

    Cindy...I can't knit socks. I've got one pair in progress that's going on two years old, while I wait for the only woman who can help me to finish them (maybe this Friday). So in that case, the entrelac is definitely out.

    I'll miss you but enjoy your break. And Floyd's surgery was successful! Photo links at TBV (thank you so much again for that link!)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.