Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Well, at least the house didn't burn down

Our neighborhood got hit with a powerful power surge yesterday. Apart from 3 surge protectors and the $1600 oven, we were very lucky not to take much damage. Of course the oven is the most expensive appliance in my house (aren't we lucky?). However, the surge protectors did their job and apart from the acidic burning smell and an arcing outlet, we were very very lucky.

We're hoping that the oven is fixable. We'll call in a repairman and see what can be done. Fingers crossed. I'm a bit tired of buying new appliances. It's a new dishwasher that I want... not a new cooktop (December), dryer (May), phone (April). Let's not even talk about Matt's hope for a power tap...

So half the day yesterday was spent with out power. Not very productive.

I did frog back the Scoop to where I need to fix the neckline. I just need to actually do it. I've also been trying to block open the ribbing and not with much success. Wet blocking did an okay job. Yesterday I tried a steam block (before I lost power) and I don't think I steamed it enough, so I'm trying it again.

I'm not sure I'm going to like the cardigan if I can't get the ribbing to stay open. I want it to be boxy, not a snug fit around my hips and waist. We'll see. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I'm thinking I should've used a nice blockable wool rather than the Cara Mia.

Well, off to fix the neckline on Scoop! Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:35 AM

    That sounds scary. You are lucky that nothing worse happened. Hope you get lots done on the Scoop today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have had your house troubles. Maybe you should put a PA Dutch hex sign on your house to ward off evil spirits. I'm glad you didn't have more damage but after the bathroom, you sure didn't need this.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.