Monday, June 26, 2006

Beautiful Monday!

Well, okay, not really. It's raining like a muther out there, it's dark, dreary, windy and just generally krappy!

The weekend was a busy one here as Matt had a race on Saturday (now there's a surprise, eh?) and his buddy Jim moved. The race was messy. Very messy. The rain and horse poo make for a very messy and gross race (ah the joys of racing thru Amish country). Matt had a nice high finish... until he got slammed from behind by an other rider. Luckily Matt stayed upright (he only seems to go down in the parking lot... it's a running joke actually) and kept a 12th place finish. Disappointing, yet impressive at the same time.

Then off to move Jim, his 5 basses and 6 bikes (he didn't want to load them into the moving van). Matt spent all day Sunday moving. In the rain.

I did get a lot of knitting done at the race, as I decided to watch from the car (did I mention the rain?). I was able to finish up the second sleeve on the Scoop du Jour. Woo-hoo! I was already to block it today, until I noticed that one front neck shaping is almost an inch longer than the other. (insert favorite curse word here, I probably used it). So I've got to frog back the one front a bit and re do the neck shaping. No biggie, but I was so thrilled to have it ready to block!!



I'm also still plugging away here and there on the Landscape Shawl. I am going to need 36" circ needles. Now I just need to find a project that I'm using them on.

I had to frog back the short row heel on the latest Jaywalker socks. I have a terrible time with the double short row. If I lose one stitch, I'm lost (and picking up those wraps with my tight tension is a real challenge). So I'm going back to the traditional heel on them. Eventually.

Now that Scoop is nearing the finish line, I'm starting to think about what's next. Something brand new? An abandoned UFO? Hmmmm... I'll have to play with some ideas while Scoop is blocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.