Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ennui

I wasn't going to bother posting today, but feared the wrath of Lauren if I skipped out on a day.

I have to admit that I'm in sort of a knitting/blogging funk right now. I'm seriously addicted to my PS2 (I'm lovin' the Ratchet and Clank 2).

So not much knitting going on, and with the camera situation still in limbo, it's probably a good thing that there's nothing to update.

I have new yarn to play with, but even it's not tempting me right now.

I am past the heel turn on the denim Simple Stripes socks, so it's just a matter of knitting to the toes. I'm going to add about a half inch in length on this sock and see how it fits. I think my first one is a wee bit too short for me. It seems that the knitting that I am doing is pretty basic. I might have to dig out the MBPE* and work on that for a bit. I'll have to check the fit first.

*MBPE: the Most Boring Project Ever, also known as the Knitting Pure & Simple Neck Down Tee. I actually stopped on this as I wanted a fairly shapely top, but I didn't add enough short rows to the bust. I also don't like the way the neckband turned out, so I think I might just pull the ribbing off and do a simple single crochet edge instead.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading what you write about knitting and am keen to see the before and after shots (when the camera behaves) of the ribbing and then crocheted edge on the boring tee.

    I've been in a bit of a slump from working long hours and just not having any oomph to knit at the end of the day. Plus, I'm in the middle of a bunch of big knitting projects so there isn't even anything interesting to post to my blog. The knitting doldrums.

    Do you need a new project or a new challenge to bannish the ennui? --Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.