A busy weekend, with a little yarn stash enhancing, a new project, and progress on other projects.
My Opal Cotton Petticoat arrived on Friday. Of course I just had to cast on a pair of socks with it. Lovely lovely yarn! I used Liz's broken rib pattern:
The problem is that I used the Brittney dpn's. Just as an FYI: I hate using the Brittney dpn's. As a matter of fact I think that's why I rebelled against sock knitting for so long. They are torturious to use. So I "had" to go get a pair of the Crystal Palace (my favorite... with the Clover bamboo a close second) in the right size.
Of course since I went with Theresa, much enabling was done and we hit two stores (the Yarn Gallery in Reading is lovely, btw. A nice balanced selection of yarns... and a sale room! Inca Aplaca for $5/skein. That's even better than my $4/skein Bartlett!).
I had really hoped to get the first sleeve done on the Rose Leaf Pullover, and I'm pretty frickin' close:
It'll be the first thing done this morning (well after I'm done online, of course). I want to get that second sleeve cast on today as well.
Matt's Retro Ribbed socks are progressing:
They're actually moving along much faster now that I'm on the foot (half st. st. makes it go faster).
Matt had a super weekend racing with great results. He actually ended up doing two races and had top finishes in both. The best results of the season for him. Betty pointed out that it's gotten warm. Duh! Of course. Matt will ride in extreme heat... he's not the least bit bothered by high temps (even upper 90's/100's he'll still ride), but he hates the cold. This was the first really warm racing weekend we've had. Hopefully he'll continue to have great results as the weather gets more consistitantly warm.
I'm away for the rest of the week, but I should still be able to post most of the week.