Friday, April 14, 2006

Just a bunch of random projects

Let's just take a gander at the projects I'm cycling thru right now. The Jaywalker sock in Opal's Petticoat (second attempt). This has been my waiting room knitting this week (3 different visits in 4 days... but that should be it for this year). I'm much much happier with the sizing on this version and I'm about to start the heel. I'm still debating if I want to do the afterthought heel on these or if I should just go ahead and do the heel flap. I don't think the heel flap is going to distrupt the pattern as much with the Petticoat, so I'm leaning in that direction.



These socks are getting close to being done (one sock finished). Just need to finish up the foot then do the afterthought heel on the second sock. Matt bought me this Regia yarn for my birthday last year, so I would love to have them done by the end of the weekend.

Speaking of Matt, here's his Gansey Vest. The back is past the armhole shaping (which I changed a lot from the pattern, it curves in much more than the original). The Pakucho cotton is not bad to work with (it's pretty splitty, so I do have to pay attention) and I've discovered that I don't like patterns that I have to pay attention on the "wrong" side. It's much slower for me, as I have to follow the pattern on both sides. However, it's going to be perfect for Matt when it's done and the knit/purl patterns are very simple.

Last, but far from least, I did get the back cast on for the Rose Leaf Pullover. I'm just about to increase and change needles.


So that's what I've been working on.

Tomorrow our SnB group is heading en mass to The Mannings for a little picnic/shopping/knitting. 3 of us have birthdays in April, so we're treating ourselves to a day out! Let's see if I can keep the yarn purchases to a minimum?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll be as conservative as Theresa is! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:49 PM

    I love that top sock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could come! Can't wait to see the bounty.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.