Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Errand Day

I've got a handful of errands to run today... including a trip to the fabric store, so I'm going to make this quick.

I didn't do either of the planned projects yesterday. I didn't touch the Rose Leaf Pullover and I didn't cast on the second Jaywalker sock until this morning.

I did, however finish up one of the samples for the entrelac class and blocked it. I also started my slip stitch version. I will say that it does look fine from the front, but I still don't like that extra bulk to the back. This definitely is a taste thing, as picking up the stitches with the slip stitch is easier.

I'm not a "knitting rules" person. I don't believe there is ever only one way to do things. I love to try different techniques and hear how other knitters do things (I'm going to show 3 different ways to do the right decrease). I don't think my way is the "right" way. It's just what works best for me. I'm hoping that when I teach, I give more than one way of doing things, explain why I chose the way I do, but let everyone know that there is no "wrong" way to knit and that a knitter should feel confident to do the technique that works best for them. (now, if you do tell me that twisting my stitches while teaching me to knit contintental is fine, I do have an issue with that. As that's not true st. st... that's a twisted stitch and that's a whole other conversation...)

We're having beautiful spring weather this week. Makes me want to sew a summery dress... off to the fabric store!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the class-- you're a great teacher already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:16 AM

    Happy Late Birthday Cindy. Since we have no kb mail I am checking blogs to see if anyone is out there.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.