Wednesday, January 25, 2006

FLAK BACK

Part 4 of the FLAK instructions are up. Since I have done a couple of sweaters this way, I knew what to expect, so crunching the numbers didn't take long (well, actually, I had already done it).


That's the back stitches all picked up. Okay, let's try a couple of rows to see how it's going, then I'll get back to my second Jaywalker sock:


Socks? what socks? I'm knittin' a sweater! Yep, sort of found a rhythm and just couldn't put it down. I'm already about half way down the back.

I had started second guessing some of my cable choices as I went, especially the bobbles, but kept going and I'm glad I did. They are really growing on me as I go further.

Looking at this one compared to my Spring Forward, makes me think that I might go back and take a look at that one. I stopped working on the Cascade Sierra version as the body was HUGE and I didn't particularly like working that many cables at the tight tension with a mostly cotton yarn (did you follow that?). Looking at the neck opening on my Spring Forward compared to this one (and Janet's measurements for the pattern), I might have to re work the numbers a bit.

This process has really been beneficial. I've always been willing to change certain numbers when knitting (mostly related to height: especially for sleeves. I always have to change the increase ratio on sleeves since I have to shorten them so much), but I've never really bothered dealing with things like this...

Hmmm, even as I write this, I know I'll be starting the Spring Forward again. Yes, it's almost done, and yes, this is already the second time I've tried knitting it, oh and yes, I did already re knit this sleeves on this one, but I looooove the pattern and I'm willing to keep plugging away at it until I get the fit I'm looking for.

I suddenly feel so free about dealing with numbers...

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the bobbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the color of your FLAK. Is it like what is in the picture? Great Cables. I like the braids and bobbles Take care, Tori

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.