Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Harbinger of Haggis


Harriet is basically done. I still need to find buttons and it needs just a light steam on the seams and button bands. All I can say is: I LOVE IT!

The yarn at this gauge is so light and soft. Works well with the lacey pattern and the drape is fabulous. This is going to be a staple piece of clothing in my wardrobe. So while I still need buttons, and I can't get a decent photo of it, I'm calling it done for now.

Project stats:

Pattern: Harriet (yes yes, it's from A Fine Fleece... project #5). Oh and yes, I couldn't help but think of So I Married An Ax Murderer the entire time I was working on this sweater!

Yarn: Elann Highland Donegal in licorice

Problems with the pattern: None

Changes to the pattern: None

Overall impressions: I am very happy. The fit is relaxed, it's lightweight and the black will go with a lot of my wardrobe. I did struggle a bit with the lace pattern with I first started this, but then when I picked it up after a break, it clicked and I was able to plow thru the rest very quickly.

Now to just find the perfect buttons for it and some cool weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.