Monday, June 27, 2011

It's not how you start...

fronts blocking

Well, actually quality finishing does start with quality starting. However, that's not the problem here.

Harriet is at the finishing stage. Shoulder seams done and the neckband is done. I'm struggling a bit with the button bands. I have the button side done after two attempts and I'm about to rip back the buttonhole band. Finishing makes or breaks a sweater, so I want these button bands to be very neat and even. Picking up the stitches hasn't been an issue, but the garter stitch can look sloppy easily.

the back on the dressform

I really thought I was going to have it finished yesterday, but I've been distracted and the quality of my knitting is showing it. Just need to buckle down and concentrate on getting this done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.