Thursday, December 16, 2010

Like I Don't Have Other Things To Do...


Let's face it. I like knitting cables. A lot. So while I'm avoiding doing projects that I don't love (for someone I do love), I cast on a new project.

I got some Beaverslide worsted during the Thanksgiving/Black Friday sale. I love Beaverslide yarns. So soft and yummy. While Matt's Patrick was a disaster, it wasn't the yarns fault (nope, I'm blaming The Worst Written Pattern Ever and some poor decisions on my part).

So, even tho' Patrick was a disaster, I'm staying in theme and cast on St. Patrick from the book A Fine Fleece in the new Beaverslide. I love it. It feels soooo good to be doing a traditional cabled project in yummy yarn. The cables are just complex enough that I do have to track the charts (so unlike Staghorn, don't expect this one done in 16 days).

Meanwhile, I haven't touched the chullo in about 2 weeks, but I am on a second glove (first is seen in photo). At least he should get new gloves for Christmas... and maybe a St. Patrick sweater for St. Patrick's day.

1 comment:

  1. You and me both, sister! I LOVE CABLES. I don't even remember that pattern in the book. I was smitten with October Frost but heard there were lots of errors in it. I've not heard of Beaverslide either and will most definitely be checking that yarn out...especially since I see how yummy yours looks!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.