Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Adore Adara

Seems I have a bit of an obsessive personality (yes I am still playing Dragon Age). Not only on games, but on yarn and or patterns. I like to think of it as a "variation on a theme" rather than true obsession.

Elann has this lovely marled cotton/linen aran weight yarn called Adara. I love this yarn. I've used it twice and bought a whole bunch last year when they had full bag sales. I now own every color except one. I even bought 2 more bags of Waterfall (which is what I used for my favorite Sitcom Chic. Love that sweater!)

So when my friend Julie started a Radiate, I figured that the Adara would be perfect. It is! However, I started it in Teaberry. I only had 10 skeins of the Teaberry (full bag sale, remember). On top of that while I know I had bought 10 skeins, I only had 7 in it's bag. Hmmmm. So I stopped working on it (and I sent a PM to a member of Ravelry that had 5 skeins of it in the same dye lot. Sadly, she never got back to me). I eventually located all 10 skeins, but in the meantime I cast it on again:


In green! That's the Fern colorway and I love it! I really like the way the slip stitch pattern works with the marled yarn and it's perfect cut scene knitting. I'm already thinking of other yarns I want to try this pattern with (we'll see how it actually looks on me before I start a third. Promise.).

The irony is that it looks like I'm only going to need 10 skeins. So I may end up with two of these sweaters in Adara. One in Teaberry and one in Fern. Yay for minor obsession issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about having to add the word verification for comments, but even with moderation, my inbox was being over run with spam. So thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Blogger does not give me your email address when you leave a comment, so I can not respond back to you. Keep an eye on my blog and I will try to respond there.